Monday, January 9, 2012

Tim (I think I am going to be sick) Tebow

REALLY!?!  Have I really been reduced to blogging about Tim Tebow?  Yuck, but here it goes.  Gators are the worst.  I really can't stand them as a team, but as much as I hate to admit it, some of their fans and alumni, have a few redeeming qualities.  Even, I am not sure I can actually get the words out, Tim Tebow has, dare I say it, redeeming qualities.  Over the last few weeks people on both sides have argued about Tim Tebow having a special "in" with God.  One friend commented today that God could not care less about football.  Guess what?  I couldn't agree more.  God, I am almost certain, does not care if the Denver Broncos ever win another football game.  God does care about Tim Tebow though!  I know for us Seminole fans we find it unfathomable, but he does.  In fact, I would argue, based on the immense conversation the guy stirs up, that God likes Tim Tebow a WHOLE BUNCH!  Here's what I think God in interested in...Tim Tebow is a glory hog!  He hogs all that glory and adulation and focuses right back on his Creator where it belongs.  In return, God blesses him and his team.

What a great lesson for families.  If we do all we do, everyday to the glory of our Creator, with no glory for ourselves, God is certain to bless our "team" too.  Give it a try.  You might just find your family, in overtime, throwing a bomb, for the win.

"Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt His name together." Ps 34:3

No comments:

Post a Comment