Happy New Year. I love entering a new year. I love reflecting on what has been and looking forward with anticipation to what will come. This time of year lots of people make resolutions. They decide what they don't like about themselves and set their sights on "fixing" it. After about a week, they are back to all the things they said they never wanted to do again. Someone so eloquently put it, "Resolutions are just "to do" lists for the first week of January." Too true. I hate resolutions! I NEVER get very far. I am a creature of habits, many of them bad. I can't remember a single resolution I have EVER made that I stuck with past Bug's birthday. BUT...goals are different. They are just things that would be good if you achieved. They don't have the same pressure. They are works in progress. If you screw up, no biggy, you just keep chugging along. Someone once (okay maybe I have been told a thousand times) said that if you write down your goals you are far more likely to achieve them. Okay, so here are my goals for 2012.
1. Lose 30-35lbs (10 of those by Feb 20).
2. Find a creative outlet and get better at it.
3. Increase my time with the Lord to at LEAST 4 days a week on average.
4. Educate myself on one current event a quarter
5. Blog at least once a month (I know you all can barely contain yourself with anticipation)
Whew...that's enough! I don't want to get perfect all at once :~) People would be jealous! Wish me luck, the same to you...

I'm with you! I never make resolutions for all the same reasons.
ReplyDeleteWe did set several goals for the year:
1. eat a little less meat and more vegetables (I even got Todd to commit to meatless Mondays!)
2. run at least two half-marathons this year.
3. we each have a weight-loss goal for the year (by the time we get married in October).
Good luck to you and Happy 2012!!