It is true, I can't help it. I love my dog.
Nearly 19 years ago, we got a dog. His name was Buddy. He was cute and rambunctious, didn't bark and loved to snuggle. He was a Shiba Inu, an unusual breed, he shed like CRAZY and boy could he run. Just ask my friend Christine...
Nearly 4 years ago, after a 3 year retirement in Florida, Buddy, crushingly went to doggie heaven. Now I have read the rainbow bridge poem and it is okay, but if I am honest, I hope that bridge goes to the same heaven I am going to. Heaven just wouldn't be all that it should be without Buddy.
However, this isn't a blog about our beloved 1st child...this is the story of TAZ!
Bug and Bear were DESPERATE for a new dog. I was apprehensive, but amicable to the idea. Cubby was, well, finally beaten down. Bug and I made a quick stop on our way to soccer one day to see the dogs up for adoption. The lady was late and we needed to get going, but we waited and helped her unload. We began talking to her and looking at the dogs, and I was very clear with the requirements. We wanted a dog at least 5 years old who didn't bark and frankly would be the perfect dog for a family who only liked the idea of having another dog. Also, he CAN'T be a shedder! I think this lady thought we were nuts. There isn't such a dog, unless you count a stuffed dog. As we looked at the dogs, we honed in on two specifically. One seemed a bit skittish, but Bug found one that seemed to have a great temperament. We left for soccer and very reluctantly dragged Cubby to look at the dog later. We all were SMITTEN!!!!!
Fast forward two and a half years...Taz is by far the best dog in the world. I know some of you might argue, but I will hardily disagree. Taz was found with 9 dogs and 13 cats in the yard of a lady who had past away. He had heart worms, but was otherwise very healthy and had basic commands. He was approximately 5 years old. He barks when someone is at the door, in the yard or when Wheel of Fortune is on. He really likes attention, until he is done and then prefers to be left alone. He wants people who like the idea of wanting a dog. He is PERFECT. Okay so he sheds, like a dog a day he sheds, but really what did you expect...

No comments:
Post a Comment